I have been in Kazakhstan for only three days, and tomorrow I pick up my daughter from the baby house in order to start the journey home - we will leave for the drive to Astana airport at about 11:30 pm. It has been a good visit, despite the jet lag. Yesterday, I received all of the paperwork - her new birth certificate, passport, court decision papers, and adoption decree. We are all legal and ready to fly from Kazakhstan to Germany to England to Canada. Adrienne is doing great. She's very happy to see me every day and content as long as she gets to stay in my arms. They told me that on the first day, she cried for 40 minutes when I left the baby house in the afternoon - but she seems to have adapted now and come to the realization that when I leave from a visit I am not leaving for good. They also claim that when the other Canadian woman came back to pick up her daughter a couple of weeks ago, Adrienne saw her and heard her voice and it triggered her to start searching for me. It is hard to believe the latter story, but having seen her obvious attachment to me it is clear that she remembers me, which I find quite amazing. She has gained weight and become more physically active since I left and she is looking really healthy. Hopefully, she will be fascinated enough by the new sites and sounds tomorrow, and happy enough to be with me, that she will take the travel well. She has no idea that she will be travelling through four countries on Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kazakhstan Tenge Converter
I was just thinking "Jen must be almost on her way back," and I checked your blog and presto you are already back in Kaz!! Surreal seeing your daughter again eh? Your flights will be fine, you will likley just have to hold her the whole way home, yep it's tiring but it feels so amazing. Neither of my girls would let me put them down to sleep on the flights home. Glad you went thru Astana, it's a nice airport and it makes the trip alot shorter. Can't wait to hear how the trip home was and hopefully catch up with you sometime soon in person!!!
ReplyDeleteDiane, Ciera and Tienna
Have a very safe and wonderful trip home. It does indeed sound like Adrienne knows who you are. I hope she is a good traveler!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe and uneventful trip Jen. Can't wait to meet Adrienne when you both are ready.
Anita