Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Official, Legal, and Final!!

Today I got an email from my translator, Alex, in Karaganda, writing on behalf of Gulnara.  The 15 day waiting period is over and the formal adoption decree has been issued.  I am now, finally, legally, and officially, Adrienne's mom!

Gulnara is working very quickly to get Adrienne's new birth certificate and passport.  Once she has the passport she can send it to the Canadian Embassy in Moscow for her permanent residency visa.  I suspect that all of this will be done in time for me to go back before the end of February, and bring Adrienne home in the first few days of March!

I am enjoying a fairly calm few weeks at home, getting my house ready and shopping done so that I can bring my daughter home.

2 comments:

  1. !!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS JEN AND ADRIENNE!!!!!!!!
    This is absolutely thrilling news, thanks so much for sharing. I can just imagine how elated you must feel. Pam xoxo

    ReplyDelete