Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Apartment




Since the adoption process itself is a hurry-up-and-wait kind of a process, it's time for me to start sharing some of the other, everyday details of life here in Kazakhstan.  I live in a small studio apartment in a large, Soviet-style concrete apartment complex.  These buildings don't look like much from the outside, but inside the apartments are perfectly comfortable - except, of course, for the inability to control the excessive heat!  Of course, in Soviet times these apartments were provided to people for free, and then when they were privatized, the occupants were simply given ownership.

I am attaching some photos of my little apartment for you. The last one shows the view from the apartment window.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these. It really helps me get a better sense of your days. I like your little place - it looks clean and well-kept. The shower is quite endearing - is it a bath as well? Or just oddly deep?

    I'm glad you have a quiet place to retreat to, as you contemplate the seismic changes that are in process! We are both off work now, and the kids are off school, so call anytime, if ever you need to. XO, Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jen,

    Looks like nice digs you got there. Loving your entries, keep up the awesome posts. Your car is well, we'll have fun digging out my driveway to fetch it once you're back (lots of snow since you've left).

    xo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice apartment Jen, looks cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete