Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Christmas Dinner
I had a lovely time for Christmas day dinner. I had just met Sally, a single adopting parent from Toronto, earlier that day and she invited me to her apartment for a Christmas party with other adopting parents – an American couple, a French couple, and single women from France and Spain. We had quite the feast, and a really great time talking about our experiences in Kazakhstan. Sally and I were able to determine that we had gone to junior high school together in Victoria, and had played in the same school band. Although we didn’t initially remember each other, the fact that I was the drummer helped her to place me. (My junior high school band director was an older English gentleman, and every time he called upon me he would sing out, ‘I dream of Jenny with the light brown hair!’ – a distinct habit that both of us remembered well.) Sally also lived within three blocks of me, and I am certain that my paper route went down her street!
Above are pictures of our Christmas gathering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kazakhstan Tenge Converter
Lovely to see an update, and to know you had a merry Christmas! And meeting Sally again in Kazahkstan, that is just amazing....
ReplyDeleteBig hugs, hope the adoption bit is working as well as the meeting friends bit!
Love,
Mitra
It doesn't look like turkey and stuffing but at least you had some people to share the holidays with. Can't wait to hear more about the little one.
ReplyDeleteLes
So glad you finally met up with Salley and how cool is it that your went to Junior High togther in BC and now both live in Ontario, and you meeet up in Kazakhstan, small world indeed!!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope things are going well, email when you have time!
Diane
what a small world! also looking forward to more updates, when you're able. glad you had a good christmas.
ReplyDeletexo
Jackie
Hey Jen, I'm loving your blog! Can't wait to hear more. Glad to hear you are enjoying your stay, and that you have some good friends to keep you company.
ReplyDeleteVandna
The world is small indeed - Happy New Year Jen, can't wait to hear more about the little one!
ReplyDeleteHugs ~ Pum