Friday, December 10, 2010

Tomorrow's the Day!

It is hard to believe that after almost three years in the adoption process, tomorrow I am flying to Kazakhstan.  It has been a whirlwind 11 days of getting ready since receiving my Letter of Invitation.  My bags are packed, with a 'light' 55 pound suitcase full of winter clothes and baby gear, a laptop computer, and a carry-on bag full of paperwork.  I have a video camera that I don't yet know how to use, and my Russian textbook to study up in my 'spare time.'  Somewhere en route, I expect to run into two Canadian couples joining me for at least part of the journey - one going to adopt in Karaganda, and the other in Uralsk. I have received a heartwarming, constant stream of congratulatory emails and phone calls over the past 11 days.  I have been told nothing yet about the child waiting for me, but I will meet him or her in a matter of days.  Time to fly.  

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck Jen. I look forward to reading all about your journey and can't wait to hear more news about your daughter/son.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jen. We are thinking of you and can't wait to meet the lyl Pyl.

    Love, Martha and Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyl Pyl. Love that. Love you too Jen - good luck!! CS-M

    ReplyDelete