I am thrilled to announce that my soon-to-be daughter is a beautiful, 11-month-old baby girl. She is of principally Russian heritage, with medium brown hair and dark eyes. Her birth name is Anastasia (pronounced an-a-sta-SI-a), and this will remain part of her new Canadian name. She is a very cheerful, charming, healthy, and gorgeous little girl.
Ultimately, for various reasons I was invited to visit several different baby houses in and near the city of Karaganda before I found my daughter. I had the honour of meeting my little girl late in the day, when the baby house was quiet and the doctors and other families had gone home for the day, at 6:00 pm on Christmas Eve. I knew that she was special from the moment I met her. My first hour-long visit with her was on Christmas morning. The baby house caregivers and adoptive parents organized a lovely little Christmas party with tea and cookies, but I hardly took notice, as I was far more focused on a little Christmas present named Anastasia.
Photos will have to wait until after court proceedings - but I promise you, she is gorgeous!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kazakhstan Tenge Converter
Dear Jen,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. Congratulations on finding your beautiful daughter. It must be so overwhelming after such a long wait. What a wonderful Christmas gift! I cannot wait to meet Anastasia. You will be a great mom and she is a lucky girl.
Merry Christmas and definetly a fantastic 2011 New Year is in store for you both.
Susan
Wow sweetie, I had no idea that you've had to treck from baby house to baby house in search...I thought you had been with the same child (the "one child in particular" of your earlier post) from the start.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how it would feel to arrive in Karaganda and visit baby house after baby house in search. That cannot have been easy... So glad that you found her on Christmas Eve! That will be such a special story to share with her when she's older!
Happy New Year! Many hugs and kisses to you and the little one.
Mitra
Mitra: Well, in the end the trekking around didn't matter, because it brought me to my daughter! :) There are various complex reasons for the multiple baby house visits - one baby house in particular was very challenging to work with, not because of the children, but because of the ideological position of its director. Fortunately, I ended up in a baby house where the staff and administration are wonderful. And I am quite convinced that I ended up with exactly the right child for me! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, well, well.... I hope you're getting plenty of time with her now. Is it every day? Can you say more? And how are YOU? Sleeping? FEeling normal? Thinking of life ahead?
ReplyDeleteAlso, ditto on what Mitra said, and I hope the house-to-house business wasn't too wierd.
love from the UA "cousins", Lauren, Cecelie & Caro
Congratulations!!! It is so wonderful that you found Anastasia! We can't wait to see her pictures and to eventually meet her here in Ottawa. Max is doing well and we all love petting him, especially Elizabeth. Happy New Year! Xiaobei.
ReplyDeleteDitto to all of the above. Anastasia. A-na-sta-si-a. Wow. Sending you both so much love. Caro, Lauren & Cecelie (and Kel)
ReplyDelete