Sunday, January 9, 2011
Bonding Period Complete!
I have now officially completed my 'bonding period' with A! According to Kazakhstan's adoption law, an adoptive parent must spend 14 days visiting the child in the baby house for a 'bonding period' before making the final decision to adopt that child and applying to the courts for a court date. Having begun on December 24, I have now completed the bonding period. Today, we went and printed out one photo for every bonding day, each with a date stamp on it, which will be submitted to the court. The next step is to find out when court will be. Once I know the court date, I can start to predict how long the whole adoption process will take, and finalize a decision about whether or not I will be able to stay and complete it all on this trip, or if I will have to return home and wait to make a second trip to pick her up and go home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kazakhstan Tenge Converter
Wouldn't it be amazing if you could do everything in one trip? Celebrate this progress! You and A will soon be home.
ReplyDeleteI so hope you get to stay! Then you and she don't have to go through the separation and reacquainting (and you don't have to deal with another 30-40 hour journey either.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that's another milestone achieved :)
Love,
Mitra
Congratulations Jen! One more step down. Katie H.
ReplyDeleteWoo Hoo Jen! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteCant wait to see the two of you together -- I hope you will get the court date soon. Another step down. Awesome!!!
Anita
WOW!!! That seemed to fly by Jen! Congratulaions to you and baby A on having completed one more step to becoming a family. Everything seems to be going along so fantastically that it would be wonderful if you could just get it all done in one trip!! Really looking forward to seeing you both on Canadian soil! Pam xo
ReplyDeleteJen,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! Good luck with the next step.
All best wishes - Janet
OK, I suck at getting on this blog page. Sorry Jen. But still am gonna comment because it is so ludicrous, as you say, that you are now officially bonded because you've completed the compulsory time period and have documentary evidence. Absolutely champion of you to stay so calm and keep you eye (and heart!!) on the prize. What is it now, 6 weeks or so until you're co-sleeping or rocking that baby to sleep in her own crib, and all the rest. Now THAT's bonding :)!! Much love!!! Caro
ReplyDelete