Friday, January 14, 2011

Court Date!

I have a court date!  On Friday, January 21, I will go before a judge to legally adopt my daughter.  This is a huge step and a relief, as the adoption process is very complex, and getting a court date booked is a major milestone.  Plus, it is only a week away!  I will be staying another week after that, and returning to Ottawa on January 29-30 to wait for about a month before I can return on my second trip to pick her up and bring her home.  In the meantime, there is still much to be done - she will have a medical exam for Canadian immigration (this is routine, but required), I will have a formal interview with the Department of Education (more comments on that to come), and there will be, I'm sure, a small mountain of additional legal paperwork to complete.  But the hard part of the process is over, and for the next two weeks I can now relax and just enjoy my four hours a day with my daughter.

After court, I will post pictures of A and announce her new name.  One more week!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Jen!!! Congratulations.....I am so happy for you. Court will be a breeze and before you know it you will be winding your way home and then back to pick up A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jen! Although I am sure that you will not need it I am sending you a ton of positive vibes for court tomorrow!! Everything will go great, especially now that you have the right shade of lipstick!!!! Hahaha! Can't wait to see you and Baby A together in Canada. Although I would settle for some pictures when everything is legal :)

    ReplyDelete